How to package code compiled with 'gcc -m32'?

Thomas Moschny thomas.moschny at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 15:49:58 UTC 2008

2008/10/7 Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>:
> I've got a nasty program I'm trying to package for Fedora.  To cut a
> very long story short, this C/C++ mixed program started out on Windows
> and makes lots of 32 bit assumptions.  So it's compiled with 'gcc -m32'.
> [...]
> The second and much larger problem is that the code uses wxGTK-devel,
> and (because it's being compiled with gcc -m32) it has to have the 32
> bit version.

Beware - the buildsystems on koji are strictly non-multilib (as
opposed to mock, the standard fedora cfg files of which once made it
non-multilib, but don't anymore).

So, even if you manage to massage the buildreqs so it builds fine
locally, it will never build on koji.

> Any ideas?  I'm sure others must have hit this problem before ...

Yes, learned that yesterday when trying to build an app that includes
a ix86-only binary.

- Thomas