How to package code compiled with 'gcc -m32'?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Oct 8 09:36:44 UTC 2008

Richard W.M. Jones <rjones <at> redhat.com> writes:
> I'm actually using Debian's patch, but I rebased them against 2.39.
> Debian is on 2.19 for reasons I can't determine, but 2.19 doesn't
> build on Fedora (it looked like a gcc error, but I didn't examine it
> in great detail, because the newer version builds fine).

Hmmm, I've looked at the Debian experimental package (which is 2.39 - stable
works mostly like RHEL, with even stricter policies about version upgrades;
unstable and experimental are where all their development happens), but they
now switched to building with -m32 like upstream. :-(

The patch you used, on the other hand, is outdated, it was for a version before
upstream added the -m32, so it doesn't remove the -m32.

Try the 64bit-fixes patch in:
http://repo.calcforge.org/fedora/9/SRPMS/nsis-2.34-1.src.rpm
I also have a patch there to use the RPM_OPT_FLAGS, which is also important,
but might need fixing to not try to pass the RPM_OPT_FLAGS to the plugin
builds. (As I said, I haven't tried actually building the plugins yet.)

        Kevin Kofler