Taking fedora-devel into consideration [Was: Re: tab completion less useful now, due to sbin in path]

Nigel Jones dev at nigelj.com
Wed Oct 8 11:25:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 12:48 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2008-10-07, 06:37 GMT, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > Afaics and iirc it was announced just 24 hours before the
> > meeting in question that the sbin feature is going to be
> > discussed:
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-August/msg00806.html
> >
> > Do you consider that enough time to voice objections? I don't. But
> > that's IMHO not a problem in our workflow, as we afaics always can make
> > adjustments even when things got decided.
>
> And I think, this is much more important than the matter here
> itself. Last year there was another huge flamewar about replacing
> sysvinit with upstart. Lot and lot of well argued arguments were
> thrown against upstart (it doesn't make much difference, only
> trouble) so I thought that this idea is safely in the grave.
> Except couple of weeks after the last flames were vanquished, yum
> brought me upstart replacing sysvinit.
>
> Does anybody from FESCO cares about what's discussed here, or do
> they let us waste our time and decide whatever they wanted all
> the time anyway?
>
> (sorry for offended tone of the message, but I am offended by
> this),
No problem, now I've got a solution, not one that would solve this
problem, but would help prevent it in the future...

Within 30 days of F10 shipping you'll have an opportunity to change
this...  So does everyone else really... VOTE (only 8% of the eligible
voters voted for the current FESCo).  If you or anyone else feel that
they can do a better job, then stand for FESCo too.

And in case people are ignoring Jef and Me on Fedora Planet, this time
round, hopefully we'll have Community Q&A type thing setup to help you
make your mind up...

--
Nigel Jones <dev at nigelj.com>