Taking fedora-devel into consideration [Was: Re: tab completion less useful now, due to sbin in path]

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Wed Oct 8 18:32:32 UTC 2008

Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2008-10-07, 06:37 GMT, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> Afaics and iirc it was announced just 24 hours before the
>> meeting in question that the sbin feature is going to be
>> discussed:
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-August/msg00806.html
>>
>> Do you consider that enough time to voice objections? I don't. But
>> that's IMHO not a problem in our workflow, as we afaics always can make
>> adjustments even when things got decided.
>>

> And I think, this is much more important than the matter here
> itself. Last year there was another huge flamewar about replacing
> sysvinit with upstart. Lot and lot of well argued arguments were
> thrown against upstart (it doesn't make much difference, only
> trouble) so I thought that this idea is safely in the grave.
> Except couple of weeks after the last flames were vanquished, yum
> brought me upstart replacing sysvinit.
>
> Does anybody from FESCO cares about what's discussed here, or do
> they let us waste our time and decide whatever they wanted all
> the time anyway?
>
> (sorry for offended tone of the message, but I am offended by
> this),

Boils down to voting for individual decisions versus voting for your
representative (FESCo, in this case). In the age of the Internet (where
creating a poll on a bb is soo easy), I'm not even sure why the
community isn't more involved, but hey. Anyway, as I understand it, the
people in FESCo are who you voted for. I'm not sure if the type of
democracy we have here makes them liable to who voted for them (and
should therefore justify their decisions). Just vote for your candidates
wisely and if there are any arguments not to vote for a person, put that
on the wiki-for-candidates somewhere, ;).
--

Richi Plana