tab completion less useful now, due to sbin in path

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 03:40:24 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> sudo either needs to be fixed to prompt for the root password instead of
> denying access altogether if the user is not in sudoers or replaced by

I've not tested this on Fedora quite yet, but I think in openSUSE they
have this by default:

Defaults: targetpw
ALL = ALL (ALL) ALL

This will cause sudo to prompt for the password of root if sudo is not
configured.  And there's a very clear comment that you shouldn't take
out the first line without also taking out the second :).   IMHO,
that's a fairly sane solution to the problem.