[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Mark Bidewell mark.bidewell at alumni.clemson.edu
Fri Oct 10 13:13:44 UTC 2008

I would have to reply that rapid development is one of the reasons I love
Fedora.  Fedora fill a specific niche that fall between a Gentoo/LFS
mentality (although in the past I have seen Fedora RPMs more up to date than
Gentoo Ebuilds) and the superstable world of Debian and RHEL/CentOS.
Ubuntu releases, also fit into this category although they do not move as
rapidly as Fedora.  I would submit that CentOS/RHEL IS the equivalent of
Fedora LTS.  Also, personally I have found Fedora to be more stable than
Ubuntu.  IMOFedora needs to stay true to its purpose, and let the users
choose if that is appropriate for them.

Mark Bidewell

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 8:53 AM, Itamar - IspBrasil <itamar at ispbrasil.com.br