[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Oct 10 22:03:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 11:44:38PM +0200, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> * Patrice Dumas [10/10/2008 19:45] :
> >
> > When it requires cooperation with the infrastructure, it does.
>
> How so ?
>
> Reading through the archives, your project was to extend support
> for Fedora releases past EOL on a volunteer basis. That doesn't

But within the fedora infrastructure, and with the fedora rules (unlike
fedora legacy that had different infrastructure and rules).

If I had my own infrastructure, I would still be maintaining some
packages for oldest releases.

As a side note, I think that in the end my project would certainly have
failed because I don't think that somebody would have stepped up to take
the big ones, like glibc, kernel, gcc but this would have been an
interesting test.

--
Pat