[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 23:08:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 16:53 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>> [snip]
>> > I can not disagree more - To me, it's yet another evidence of Fedora
>> > being on the loose.
>>
>> You're going to have to expound on that. I do not see Centos in any
>> way as in competition with Fedora.
> EPEL drains away resources from Fedora.
>
> If people were investing the time they (as I feel waste) on supporting
> EPEL into Fedora, Fedora would be better.

Ok. Ralf.. if you hate Fedora and all its projects so much, why do you
fricking stay around. Every fricking thread its "Fedora has too much
bueracracy. Fedora has a broken build system. EPEL steals resources..
" What are you doing?

>> Sure. With more devs, servers, time, etc.
> ... less bureaucracy, less committees/less chiefs/more Indians,
> different people, different strategies.

Then DO SOMETHING. Get your indians together and make your camp
somewhere and show us chiefs how it is supposed to be done.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux