Clutter 0.6 in F8?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Oct 11 13:59:11 UTC 2008

Peter Robinson <pbrobinson <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Has it just been built for F-8 or has it actually been pushed out to
> updates? It will need to be in updates I think to be able to pull it
> in otherwise you could push an update without the proper dependencies
> being available.

You can get a candidate update into the buildroot faster if you ask rel-eng for
the appropriate override tag (dist-f8-override or dist-f9-override, with
dist-f10-override soon to come (but not existing or necessary yet, it will be
used and needed only after the final development freeze, i.e. once builds start
going into dist-f10-updates-candidate rather than dist-f10)):
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/newticket

In some cases, like soname bumps, this is even _required_ or you'll break
dependencies. (You have to push out dependent packages at the same time as the
soname-bumped library, no earlier, no later, so you can't push the library to
stable just to build the other stuff against it. Instead, you have to request
an override tag for the library, rebuild the dependent stuff and then push a
grouped update with everything.)

        Kevin Kofler