[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Luya Tshimbalanga luya_tfz at thefinalzone.com
Sat Oct 11 20:04:01 UTC 2008

Comment,
Wikipedia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora -> At least it is not a farewell

Moving to Ubuntu LTS  might not be helpful at long term. The big issue is Ubuntu
LTS was created by Canonical for making money as aiming by Mark Shuttleworth
himself. Canonical as company is not profitable yet since its inception. It
appears more a publicity stunt rather than technical issue because CentOS fill
the gap between Red Hat and Fedora. My main corner is how much Canonical is
giving back to the community, most of time, they try to credit themselves on
something they improve from others.

This is only my opinion which does not necessarily represents the whole
community view.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Fedora Project contributor