Difference of opinions

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 11 22:59:00 UTC 2008

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 04:03:11 +0530,
>   Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>>> In that vein there was no reason to gratuitously dis ESR. He had a legitmate
>>> difference of opinion and for a while tried to convince people that Fedora
>>> should go in a different direction
>> Does legitimate difference of opinion involve making false claims about
>> the impact of patents and trolling?
>
> They are independent.

How are they independent? If you want to express a difference of
opinion, there are much better ways to do it than the approach he
choose. Besides, if you start out with false assumptions or claims, how
are your arguments going to be taken seriously?

>> http://lwn.net/Articles/257586/
>>
>> Are you actually defending this kind of behaviour?
>
> In my opinion ESR's comment there was in poor taste.

Poor taste is very much a understatement. The reaction is not surprising
at all.

Rahul