young Fedora torrents spread data too slowly

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Oct 11 23:43:19 UTC 2008

On Sat October 11 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:

> I'm testing from another host in the EU right now and I'm getting
> somewhere around 3090.3 KB/s.  I'm all for quicker torrent downloads so if
> y'all want to stop by #fedora-admin and chat it up perhaps we can come up
> with a fix or better guidelines on how to use torrent or something.

We need more seeds at the beginning and more people with access to the isos.
Dennis Gilmore finally managed to acquire the isos somehow and seeded them
and this made it possible for everybody else to download them, too.

I guess you did not finish a download of the Snap1 isos, because the tracker
did not show while, but they were shown for Dennis and everyone else who
finished then. Therefore the testing procedure for the torrents also needs to
be improved. You can give the files to some people who are willing to seed
them some hours before they are published and see, whether they can really
get them and whether the tracker also counts the downloads. Then you also
have more initial seeders.

Regards,
Till