[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Oct 12 09:39:51 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 11:25:11AM +0200, Till Maas wrote:
> On Sun October 12 2008, Patrice Dumas wrote:
>
> > There is also the need for some infrastructure. (My proposal here was
> > just to let the old branches live. At that time there was no packagedb,
> > now with packagedb it would even be simpler.) Without infrastructure, it
> > is not really worth gathering maintainers.
>
> If you gather maintainers, you will probably also get people who can spare a
> machine to build up some infrastructure. Also you will easier get access to
> Fedora infrastructure. Or say to change your sentence:
>
> Without interested people, it is not really worth preparing infrastructure.

Look, saying 'yes, if you gather maintainers according to your plan,
we'll let you use the fedora infras, if you find someone willing to sign
your packages' doesn't cost any time. Gathering maintainers, just to
find that there is no infra in the end is very costly.

No infrastructure needs to be prepared. The existing one needs to be
kept (if it is done in the fedora scope). That's one very important
point of my plan, the no-cost infrastructure and no new community
organization.

--
Pat