reviving Fedora Legacy

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Mon Oct 13 03:38:24 UTC 2008

Chuck Anderson <cra at WPI.EDU> wrote:

[...]

> Why do we need to guarantee any more than active Fedora releases
> guarantee?  Forget backporting.  Just upgrade the package.  Take it
> from the current Fedora and rebuild it if necessary.

What is the difference from regular Fedora then, if you propose just
dumping new packages into the "stable" release?

> I've already said my piece on the timeline.  6-7 months to start out.
> If that works, we can talk about extending it.

Nope. If anything, pick a Fedora release and propose to extend its life for
a year (less makes very little sense). Then move to the one EOL at that
point, etc.
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513