Suggested packaging guideline: avoid running autoreconf

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Oct 13 09:35:37 UTC 2008

Braden McDaniel <braden <at> endoframe.com> writes:
> Do you also want to use doxygen to regenerate API documentation

Yes, definitely! In fact, the KDE packages already do this. And have to do it,
because KDE does not include Doxygen output in their tarballs (and rightfully
so).

> included in a tarball

You're incorrectly assuming it is shipped in the tarball in the first place.

> despite the fact that a different doxygen version's subtle
> stylesheet and markup changes could totally mangle the docs?

I've yet to see that happen. Maybe Doxygen simply cares more about backwards
compatibility than the autotools.

        Kevin Kofler