[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 13:34:27 UTC 2008

Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> * Les Mikesell [13/10/2008 14:48] :
>> The issue is that the enterprise distributions don't put their own brand
>> name on the early development work and ship it so users have a smooth
>> transition through development, testing and the final release.  But the
>
> Again, this sounds like a problem that the entreprise distributions are
> responsible.

Yes, of course.  The change happened when RH stopped shipping X.0
versions that were subsequently updated to X.1, X.2, etc. as they did
through up through the 7.3 version, keeping the same community of users
through the process.

> Working with them to release betas seems like the best
> solution to your problem, IMHO.

But Fedora _is_ the beta now... Or at least it was before the direction
turned away from something suitable for servers.  I'm not quite sure
where things are going now.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell#gmail.com