[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr
Mon Oct 13 14:18:10 UTC 2008

* Patrice Dumas [13/10/2008 15:52] :

> Sounds like you don't want fedora packagers to volunteer for a longer
> (support) time in fedora (not necessarily under the fedora name but in
> the fedora infrastructure).

Oh, I don't mind that Fedora packagers start an LTS project.

I do get annoyed that they keep claiming that Fedora infrastructure is
necessary when, in fact, it isn't and I find it surprising that they
keep coming up with excuse after excuse for not actually doing anything
instead of just starting their project.

You're free to work on whatever project you want. If the board feels it
isn't appropriate for you to work under the Fedora brand, you can just
do it somewhere else. They, like I, lack the magic powers necessary to
stop you from doing whatever you feel like doing.

Emmanuel