reviving Fedora Legacy

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Oct 13 14:21:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:14:52AM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 04:12:40PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >Answer: RHEL5 is not a replacement for a lifetime extended current
> >Fedora.
>
> Extended for how long?  Fedora releases are supported for roughly
> 13 months (1 month after N+2 is released).  Actually longer if you
> take into account the slips that inevitably hit during each release
> cycle.
>
> So, what _exactly_ are you asking for?

That infrastructure for EOLed Fedora is not shut down such that
maintainers can keep on maintaining packages, with an emphasis on
critical updates only, as long as they want. In my proposal I said no
more than 5 years (but could be 3 if you want I don't care), and as long
as it doesn't mean specific extra work for nonvolunteering people in the
infrastructure team.

--
Pat