yafray "renamed" to yafaray - pick it ?

Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) kwizart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 14:28:24 UTC 2008

Hi!

As announced at http://www.yafray.org, yafaray replaces YafRay 0.0.9.
Thus I'm thinking of submitting yafray as dead.package in Rawhide. (1)

On the other side, I'm not going to work on yafaray soon. So, if anyone
wants to start working on it, feel free.

Nicolas (kwizart)

(1), There is no reason why yafray should stop working with the current
blender releases. But there might be a problem when theses two are
installed together. (until now, blender either dlopen library or call
binary, from yafray).
This has to be discussed in the yafaray review. So, please cc'ed me on
the review, along with your favorite reviewer. (or ask me as a reviewer).