reviving Fedora Legacy

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Oct 13 19:18:31 UTC 2008

Patrice Dumas <pertusus <at> free.fr> writes:
> Indeed, maybe the best would be to start with F9 such that the
> infrastructure doesn't have to be revived.

Why not F8? It's still supported now, so nothing to revive, and I think a lot
more people will be interested in a longer-term support for F8 than F9. F9->F10
has few major changes (I see only the new RPM as a potential trouble point),
F8->F9 had a lot of them (GCC 4.3 can be a problem for developers, KDE 4 for
users, the new X11 for users of proprietary graphics drivers etc.).

        Kevin Kofler