Regarding install options

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Oct 13 19:48:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 11:08:00AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 18:45 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > I think that these are valid arguments, in my opinion you should just
> > decide (as the release manager in chief or something like that ;-) for
> > others, as there will never be an agreement. I think that it would be
> > better to have yum, but understand perfectly that other are better with
> > rpm only.
>
> The problem was the never ending bug parade and arguments on mailing
> lists, trade shows, etc...

Indeed that will happen. But does doing nothing really prevent it from
happening?

> We decided the only way to win this game was to not play at all, and we
> let people decide their own definition of 'minimal'.

The final word is up to you (and people in the release team) to choose
between all theses possibilities (not very helpful, I know, but I think
that there is no clear technically superior solution so you have to make
your choice based on your 'expert' judgement).

--
Pat