automatically grant watchbugzilla and watchcommits?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Oct 14 03:51:05 UTC 2008

> On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 10:00:25AM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> When I brought this up, Bastien Nocera brought up security bugs and not
>> wanting random people to be CC'd before a security bug is resolved.  How
>> should we deal with this?

I think the correct way to deal with this is that watchbugzilla should not
automatically CC user to bugs for the component, but instead modify the user's
 bugzilla account to watch some special address like, eg for package pango,
pango-bugs at fedora.bugs.  And the product pango changed to have
pango-bugs at fedora.bugs as default assignee or Q/A contact.  This way we avoid
the security problem issue, as well as those inbox-filling mass changes to
remove people from CC lists or to change default assignee of the product.

My 0.02CAD,
behdad