compat-python, Zope...

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 15:44:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 17:23 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Well, the world sometimes is not as good as we would like it
> to be; we can try our best to fix it, but the task is really really
> big;
> if you nevertheless try to do it you might forget the real goal you
> aimed for in the beginning -- if you are not careful you might get
> obsoleted and irrelevant on the way.

I wonder if a fraction of the effort put into building up a parallel
python branch was put into fixing Zope to work with modern python...
would we still be worried about compat-python?

There is a good chance that we'll be looking at Python 3 in a coming
Fedora release, so Zope will be two major python releases backwards, now
seems like a great time for interested parties to work towards getting
Zope working with Python 2.6 (at least).

~spot