First steps of the transition from Livna to RPM Fusion begins now for livna-devel users!

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 16:25:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora <at> nicubunu.ro> writes:
>> Well, I rebuilt the src.rpm from rpmfusion for the latest rawhide, it is
>> able so see APs, can connect to the unencrypted ones but seems to fail
>> for WPA-PSK.
>
> If it's like the previous drivers released by Ralink (the old rt2400, rt2500
> and rt2570 legacy drivers), you have to use special iwpriv commands to use WPA,
> it doesn't support wpa_supplicant (and thus NetworkManager) for WPA.

I read some where this one has to be compiled with different options
depending on whether you want WEP or WPA (lovely!!) but then I've also
seen a 1.8.0 release which may well fix the issue with the WPA.
Release notes here mentioned here.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/linux/+bug/210725/comments/62

Peter