post-beta snapshots

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Oct 17 18:56:35 UTC 2008

In this release cycle, we actually have working split media installs,
and getting those staged, along with the DVD, for i386, x86_64, ppc, and
source is proving quite challenging, especially when trying to stage
Live images for Desktop, KDE, i686/x86_64 (and any "spins" I have other
time for).  I just don't think we can do a compose + sync to torrents
(and now we have to sync multiple torrent locations so that the trackers
don't suck) in one day.  Also, I don't think we've ever had a successful
snapshot the first day we tried it (Thursdays).

I'm thinking we need to adjust this slightly, attempt the snapshot on
Wed instead, fix anything we can leading to Thursday, spend Thursday
creating the content, Thursday night staging the content and releasing
it on Friday.  This puts the snapshot content a day older than rawhide,
but that should be fine.

Anybody think this is a bad idea?

--
Jesse Keating