Sendmail still default?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 18 00:17:52 UTC 2008

Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Matthew Woehlke
> <mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> Colin Walters wrote:
>>> A note - the desktop spin would like to have no MTA by default for
>>> F11.  We'll likely change the way cron is handled so that if you have
>>> per-user cron jobs an MTA is installed.
>> What happens to root's cron jobs (e.g. logwatch)? Do they just go to
>> /dev/null, or do you have some cool new log monitor?
>
> /dev/null by default.  In the longer term what I would like to see is
> *some* of this kind of thing integrated with:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/CrashHandling
> But most logs from a desktop machine are just pure noise.

Yes and no. I'd prefer to see some sort of event viewer that would do
logwatch, but with much more terse, consolidated output (and by default
throw out all but the last N days' entries).

Even on desktops, I'd like to watch who's logging in, but it's such a
pain to do right now...

--
Matthew
When on POSIX, do as POSIX mandates.