Collapsing DVD and CD torrents into one

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Oct 18 10:32:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 02:27:53PM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> I'd imagine other desktops have similar workflows when dealing with
> torrent files, I'd think resorting to the command line to deal with them
> would be a last resort for the people who need help getting Fedora
> downloaded.

It's not quite so easy if you've got > 1 machine on your home network
and a typical NAT router.  I have the router set to point the
bittorrent ports at a single machine on the network, so normally I
have to copy the .torrent file over to that machine and then invoke
'bittorrent-curses foo.torrent' remotely.

I imagine this is a fairly common scenario, at least with stupid/old
routers like mine.

Rich.

PS. bittorrent-curses may not be the latest or greatest, but it
certainly seems to do the job.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top