Collapsing DVD and CD torrents into one

Stefan Hartsuiker sahartsu at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 18 17:52:48 UTC 2008

Op Za, 18 oktober, 2008 18:18, schreef Kai Engert:
> Stefan Hartsuiker wrote:

>>> Split media installs (which that would result in for even the DVD case)
>>> has some interesting side-effects, that really hurt when trying to add
>>> external repos (particularly of updates) at install time.  I wouldn't
>>> want to force it upon everybody.
>>>
>> Uhm, maybe it's me, but if the system can boot from the dvd, why do you want
>> to install from cd's?
>>

> Because not everyone in the world has enough resources to afford recent
> hardware and a DVD drive.
I know and that was not the reason for my confusion :)
What I understood from Till's first sentence above, is that he would like a
dvd that has a bootloader that can use the enclosed cd iso's as an
installation source. This then would imply that it only works if the system
can actually already boot from the dvd? Therefore it seems to me a bit
pointless.

This however does not mean that I am opposed to being able to easily create
the cd images or even have them on the dvd already. I merely do not see the
point of shipping such a dvd as I think he meant.

Regards,
Stefan Hartsuiker