Collapsing DVD and CD torrents into one

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Oct 19 17:35:57 UTC 2008

> Most torrent clients I've seen today allow you to pick and choose which
> files you wish to download.  As such, does it make sense to collapse the
> DVD and CD torrents into a single torrent and allow people to use the
> client to pick which they want?  Are there pros/cons to this?

Not having read the entire thread yet, will collapsing CD/DVD torrents
allow you to track the number of completed downloads accurately for each
of these two categories?

Last time I did this, with the not-so-dead bittorrent-* code, I was
unable to track down the number of downloads and ended up with a few
hundred downloads "in progress" because virtually no-one had downloaded
the full set of media (all CDs *and* the DVD).

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip