uberpackager rename (was Re: The Big ACL Opening)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Oct 20 09:52:49 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 09:18 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> So I'm going to do this tomorrow or have to put it off until after
> change freeze.
>
> The name I personally favour is masterpackager since it evokes the
> apprentice, journeyman, master craftsman stages that seem most like what
> we're modeling here.
>
> I know this isn't as flamboyant as ultrapackager, superpackager, etc but
> can everyone live with this?

No, I'm offended by the idea that a common root used in many geek words
can so easily be declared 'unclean' and eradicated. This is political
correctness at its worst, and I find it horrifically offensive. And
that's a _current_ issue, not one from the previous millennium.

I have no particular attachment to the 'überpackager' name, but I object
strongly to the change on _principle_. Please leave it as it was.

--
dwmw2