reviving Fedora Legacy

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 22:48:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:16:49 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 18:22 -0700, Bob Arendt wrote:
>
> > I really don't see how a Fedora Legacy can be maintained.
>
> Ask yourselves: How can EPEL be maintained?

It's a relatively new project. It still has to prove that it will be
maintained properly after two or more years. Let's wait and see how the
EPEL packagers will react to the first build troubles, where they will get
failures because current Fedora and upstream are versions ahead of RHEL
and they cannot simply push a version upgrade into EPEL.

EPEL itself doesn't even have the man-power to fix the repoclosure
report. The person who broke it almost half a year ago could simply
revert the broken changes, but even that doesn't happen.