[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Oct 22 09:29:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 11:16:21AM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> I do understand that, but we talk past eachother. Let's assume you start
> with the F-8 branch opened up to all packagers. Then you still need a
> procedure where previously unknown people join the project and be
> sponsored or something like that to get direct access to the pkgs and
> buildsys and so on.

I see, you mean that, given the different target, people wanting to
participate to a fedora EOL would be different from people participating
in fedora (say, like, people wanting to participate in EPEL but not
in fedora). I didn't thought about that, but it seems to me that going
through bugzilla should be enough? The EOL SIG should take care of the
patches.

--
Pat