providing what they require

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 15:22:58 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 8:16 AM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> No, I meant if you added an explicit require for an item that the
> package provides. Stop that.

Two of my packages appear in the list.  One is mona.  It provides a
handful of libraries, which have dependencies between them; i.e.,
library 1 is linked to library 2 which is linked to library 3, etc.
So every library but the top-level one appears in the automatically
generated Requires.  The other is check.  I have no idea what is going
on there.  If anyone has a clue, clue me in, please.

Isn't part of the problem that /usr/lib/rpm/find-requires doesn't
filter out the files it examines from its result set?  That seems to
be what is happening with mona.
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/