pguiman has no maintainer

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 23:28:32 UTC 2008

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:51:23 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> >> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/pguiman
> >>
> >> Maintainer "odvorace" gives "user unknown" at Red Hat.
> >> Pkg ACLs are locked down.
> >
> > Who takes care of issues like this?
> > Is it necessary to follow the lengthy AWOL procedure?
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/468160
> >
> I've opened the acl.
>
> Would FESCo like to short circuit the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy in
> this case?  It seems like most of the steps in the procedure have been
> followed except that the opening of the bugzilla bug was done last
> instead of first.

I didn't start any formal process. This is only one of a few packages
where I stumbled into locked ACLs while fixing lots of unowned
directories. Mailing the owner then failed.

There's another open ticket which is unanswered for several months.
The app crashes and possibly doesn't work much, given that it's only
0.0.1.

The missing packager is also the upstream developer.