Bodhi and commit ACLs

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 20:32:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:56:15 -0400, Luke Macken wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 06:18:57PM -0400, Alan Dunn wrote:
> > I am under the impression that if I have commit access for a package I
> > should be able to submit updates for it through Bodhi. I was recently
> > given commit access for ocaml-lablgtk so I could fix a bug in the F-9
> > package, but it seems that I can't actually submit an update for it.
> > Am I wrong about how this works, or is something broken? (Or did
> > something change recently?)
>
> At the moment bodhi allows anyone with commit access to the devel branch
> to submit updates.  Yes, this is not ideal, but will require some
> significant refactoring to do this verification properly.
>
> If you go ahead and apply for commit access to the devel branch, you
> should be all set.
>
>     https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/ocaml-lablgtk

Pardon? When was it changed to be like this? And who was involved
in that decision?

Previously, the maintainers of multiple dependent packages could work
together on a group update (i.e. build their packages) and then let a
single maintainer submit the group of builds in bodhi. Do I understand
you correctly, that this is no longer possible unless this maintainer has
commit access to the devel branch of each relevant pkg?

Doesn't this restriction also imply that it's now impossible
to publish an emergency fix for a stable branch in a cases where
somebody from the "uberpackager" ACL group prepares the update?
Or is bodhi aware of that group?