Unofficial OpenOffice translations (Was: OpenOffice and go-oo)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Oct 27 07:11:01 UTC 2008

Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:

> It seems the unofficial translations are in some cases much more complete than
> the unofficial translations. This is because the Sun Contributor Agreement
> process is considered to be too cumbersome and many contributors have not
> signed the SCA.

Is not necessarily about the SCA, but more about extra features, like
the build system.

Some months ago, when it was clear that our (Romanian) translation will
not be ready for 3.0, it was decided to target 3.1, but Sun was not
accepting translations for 3.1, they were focused on 3.0.
Also Pavel provide localized builds for *each* language every two weeks
(is not easy to build OOo yourself), so it is a very useful convenience
for translators who need the builds for QA their progressing work.