X on tty1 in Rawhide/F10

Olivier Galibert galibert at pobox.com
Tue Oct 28 15:44:20 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:08:03AM -0400, Casey Dahlin wrote:
> "Do I /really/ care?"
>
> Look at the F keys on your keyboard. The whole of your gripe lies within
> the space of 6 inches. Lets not have a flame war today. Lets just move
> our habits 6 inches to the left and let life be good.

6 inches to the left is the phone.

Yes, I care.  The self-declared "desktop" guys, which for most of them
don't seem to have met a user in their life, have decided a while ago
that whoever doesn't fit their imaginary use case is irrelevant and
can be ignored.  10+ years old conventions and habits are unimportant
and can be ignored if it gives them less work to do what they want to
have.  This is just one more in a series.

Meanwhile, Ubuntu runs rings around Fedora when it comes to popularity
for the desktop, and the server experience grows increasingly worse.

And joy is to be had for all.

  OG.