X on tty1 in Rawhide/F10

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Tue Oct 28 16:01:42 UTC 2008

Op dinsdag 28-10-2008 om 11:08 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Casey
Dahlin:
> "Do I /really/ care?"

In some other open-source projects I'm involved in we are used to answer
this question with: 'So you guarantee that you will answer all users
with the question where their text-console went to? We can assign all
bug-reports that 'Linux crashed' to you, because X is not responsive
anymore and people can not switch to their beloved console at tty1? And
you will tell all reviewers which will complain this that it saves you
some flicker during boot?'

In that case I don't care. But in the case that this will be used
against Fedora, I do care. But then again, I said it, it's your problem
now.

Maybe it's something to note in the release notes, though. Or add it to
some FAQ.

Joost