Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 17:17:42 UTC 2008

David G. Mackay wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 08:51 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>> There's no one working in computing today ANYWHERE who is doing
>> revolutionary work. I'd argue there is no such thing as revolutionary
>> work AT ALL. Stop looking for it where it is not.
>
> What about quantum computing?  A fundamental paradigm shift seems like
> it ought to count.

I would have called podcast subscriptions revolutionary.  Or the ability
to scan a bar code with a cell phone and get competitive pricing for the
item in more or less real time.  There may not be a single innovation
involved but instead a massive group that relies on following the same
conventions to gain new value.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com