Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 29 21:44:19 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> I'd expect most people who install fedora themselves to have at least a
> couple of other OS's running concurrently.  Has anyone done a poll about
> this recently?

Why would you expect that?

Granted, I may not be "most", but here's what I run:

Work:
- F9 (x64)
- Windows XP under KVM (and only for two apps that require either
Windows or else bastardizing my Fedora install with IE + ActiveX, which
I refuse to do ;-) )

Home:
- F6 (yeah, I know, I'll likely upgrade when I get a chance to bring the
box down, now that I actually have available spare HD's)
- F9 (i686)
- Xandros (on my Asus EEE, and only because I haven't had time to find
something better; how's Fedora on those?)

So, basically... I run Fedora. At home, certainly, my main desktop runs
F9 and *only* F9.

--
Matthew
EPUN: program terminated due to egregious wordplay