Reasons to preseve X on tty7

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Oct 30 03:13:58 UTC 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>> source: http://distrowatch.com/
>
> Try finding something more relevant than the number of
> people clicking a particular distrowatch page everyday.

Keep your venom -- I decline to ingest it.  It is easy to cast
stones, but the point remains that there are tangible numbers,
and that the 'one hand' argument is bunk.

I offered the best metric I know of, one which requires
sustained effort to rig, and (having provided both the lead
site's hosting for a while, and also a mirror), I know a bit
about how such 'padding' is detectable with the code then
used.

Find a better metric yourself, and tell us all.

-- Russ herrold