Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Oct 30 09:34:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 03:59:48PM -0400, Brian Wheeler wrote:

> Well, I'm a long time user and I don't see what the big deal is.  There
> are several people on this list which seem to announce that "<insert
> change here> is the one that's going to drive long time users away"
> and/or "time to look for a new distribution" semi-regularly... yet they
> (long time users) are still here.

I think that many are not as present as before. Especially compared with
the time of extra+devel. And it also seems to me that many long time
users are still there but don't use fedora much anymore -- they still
want to influence next RHEL. Also I don't think if there are others
like me, but I thought that opening to the community would lead
to more work in common with (old-timers) technical users, with Red Hat
still taking the lead nevertheless as before. But even after some time
this didn't happened. I don't use any release anymore, but I still use
rawhide because I wanted to help with maintaining pieces of software
that I care about, but this is too difficult because upstream-fedora
people don't care to a point that I fear that my actions are
counter-productive in the end. Today the only motivation that keeps me
lurking around fedora is EPEL.

--
Pat