Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 30 15:01:23 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke (move_along at nothing_to_see_here) said:

Thank you :-)

> Well, it's "linux users". It does bring up the interesting side effect
> that with the EEE, it's likely Xandros is the leading desktop Linux
> distribution now, by an insanely wide margin.

Possibly :-). Though from my experience with it, I might argue with
calling it a "desktop" distro. The EEE with Xandros feels more like an
appliance to me (which I'm sure is what they were going for).

> (As for Fedora installs that use NFS, well, we can't have useful stats
> without having machines report home as to what modules are loaded, what
> filesystems are mounted, etc. Which brings up an entirely different flamewar.)

Ah, the eternal problem collecting any sort of stats on Linux :-).

--
Matthew
This was, apparently, beyond her ken.  So far beyond her ken that she