Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:58:20 UTC 2008

Callum Lerwick wrote:

> The flip side of this is "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". The same handful of
> people bitch and whine about any and every change and decision.

As they should, when their experience says the change will break things
and waste people's time.

> After a
> while they lose credibility and are doing nothing but filling the
> mailing list with useless crap.

Wait, now you are going to pretend that you ever listened in the first
place???  I know I don't get much sympathy here because I disagree with
policies, but find someone you trust that has kept large processes
running for a long time with a lot of trained operators to ask how an
unexpected change in an OS will affect things.  If you aren't building
an OS that can be trusted for large and complex operations (and
improving it at that), what's the point?  We can get toys anywhere.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com