NetworkManager vs. sysconfig

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Thu Oct 2 11:03:35 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I just installed a test server running F9. For once, I let
NetworkManager run and left the install fairly alone. I statically
configured a set of network settings in anaconda and those are present
in the sysconfig network scripts. But NetworkManager decides it knows
better and reconfigures the interface with DHCP anyway[0].

How is static interface config supposed to work with NetworkManager?
Does this actually work in F9 today?

Jon.

[0] It actually does this even when you create a new "wired network" in
NetworkManager with the correct config (so now you have it in two
places) - it always wants to use its own "Auto eth0" regardless.