preUpgrade F9->F10 on LVM snapshot

Ahmed Kamal email.ahmedkamal at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 5 17:48:46 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,I wanna help by testing F10 on my laptop. I am currently running
F9 perfectly fine. Here's what I want to do:
- Take a lvm snapshot of my F9 (if that won't work, make a new LV and dd
over the file system)
- boot that .. preUpgrade that into F10 beta (or rawhide). Does preUpgrade
see F10 beta by itself ?
- Post back the results

Since that is not the "usual" upgrade path to say the least, I just want to
know if you guys see any caveats or hoops ? Is that LVM remerging work now
in F10, i.e. if I work with a snapshot and it upgrades fine, can I merge it
back into the "real" LV?