Mono 2.0

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 19:49:46 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've been told from Novell that Mono rc4 (currently in rawhide) will be
released as the real 2.0 version tomorrow (Monday).

As there is no difference between RC4 and the release version, I'm not
intending to repackage them just for the sake of it as it seems an
exercise in futility to be honest.

My plan is to roll out the full mono 2.0 stack to F9 as soon as F10 is
released. This will mean that for the first time, both the current and
previous versions of Fedora will be running on the same version of mono.
What will then happen is this

Mono releases version 2.1, rawhide gets this plus any bug fixes. After a
month, this is rolled down to release and after 2 months, release - 1.
This will also apply to Monodevelop. As I don't have control over other
Mono packages (or mono-based packages), can I ask that if you do have a
mono package that you also adopt this system. Currently things in F8 and
F9 are a mess and they need a good clean up.

TTFN

Paul