Pseudo-locales for i18n testing by English speakers

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 07:34:48 UTC 2008

2008/10/2 Sean Flanigan <sflaniga at redhat.com>:
> I have a simple Ant task which can generate pseudo-translations like the
> one above from a gettext POT files,

I am after a few sets of "latin-lookalike" character tables I can use.
Have you (or anyone) got pointers to good tables?

The simple example phrase you provided hit a bug in moodle (php
webapp) straight away - I think a few webapps have trouble with that
funny 'e' (U+1D5BE). Interestingly, it's also present in Jira
(Java-based webapp). Might be an iconv issue.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions