Uniform Proxy Settings

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Mon Oct 6 15:06:58 UTC 2008

James Antill wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 14:33 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>> seth vidal wrote:
>>> The original complaint here is that the gnome proxy setting doesn't seem
>>> to set this as well.
>>>
>>> B/c yum does follow http_proxy env variable.
>> It ignores no_proxy though ...
>
>  Actually, it doesn't, it's just that the API for
> urlgrabber/urilib2/etc. only have "no proxy configured" ... not "no
> proxy desired" options.
>  In theory we could also unset os.environ, but it should just be fixed
> when we move to curl

unset doesn't cut it.  no_proxy isn't about disabling proxying
altogether, but about disabling the proxy for certain domains.

Usually you stick there "localhost,$localdomain".  I also have
redhat.com listed there.  The box running squid has no vpn access to the
internal network, thus internal repos are not accessible via proxy ...

cheers,
  Gerd