proposal for make help chain-build text

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 16:52:22 UTC 2008

Paul Howarth wrote:
> Patrice Dumas wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 09:36:58AM +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
>>> Test looks good to me, and certainly explains things better than the
>>> existing text.
>>
>> Can you apply it?
>
> I don't think I have any higher commit privileges than you do? Or was
> the question addressed to the infrastructure team?

Thanks Patrice!

I've just committed this:

chain-build		Build current package in order with other packages
	    example:  make chain-build CHAIN='libwidget libgizmo'
	The current package is added to the end of the CHAIN list.
	Colons (:) can be used in the CHAIN parameter to define
	groups of packages.  Packages in any single group will be
	built in parallel and all packages in a group must build
	successfully and populate the repository before the next
	group will begin building.  For example:
	    make chain-build CHAIN='libwidget libaselib : libgizmo :'
	will cause libwidget and libaselib to be built in parallel,
	followed by libgizmo and then the currect directory package.
	If no groups are defined, packages will be built sequentially.

If you need a change to something I've put in there, feel free to send
it my way.

Probably the best way to make sure requests like this aren't lost in the
future is to open a ticket on the fedora-infrastructure trac instance.
(You can still post here for comments but having a trac ticket means
people who are able to do it will see it and have it assigned to them.)

-Toshio